Dirt, dust, and other debris can have a negative effect on your facilities, equipment, and even your employees. And although a clean work environment can undoubtedly improve employee health, safety, and efficiency, there are certainly other benefits to keeping your workplace clean.
A clean work environment can help create a positive, lasting impression on your customers. For example, if your business has a waiting room or lobby, what kind of first impression do you want to make? Do you want your business to appear organized, clean, and professional? Or would you rather it appear dirty, messy, and disorganized?
When it comes to making a good first impression, a clean, professional workspace can make as great of an impact as your staff and products or services. Here are five ways your business can create a positive first impression:
- Watch high-traffic areas. Flooring and carpeting in high-traffic areas gather even more dirt, and wear even faster than other areas. To ensure you make the best impression possible, make sure you clean high traffic areas more frequently than others.
- Invest in entryway mats. When looking to protect your carpets and floors from dirt and other debris, one of the best lines of defense is entryway mats. Entrance mats are perfect for trapping dirt, debris, and moisture carried in from outside, preventing these things from being tracked onto the carpets throughout your office.
- Watch for mystery smells. One of the most memorable characteristics of the places people visit is remembering how something smells, and if your business smells bad, people will notice. To help avoid earning a stinky reputation, make sure you clean your flooring, carpets, entryway mats and even furniture on a regular basis.
- Dusting is a must. Whether it’s tables, lamps or ledges, keeping the fixtures in your business clean and free of dust is very important to making a good impression. Though it might take a while for dirt and debris to create a noticeable buildup in your carpets, dusty furniture and equipment are easily seen by customers.
- Wash your windows. Windows are a great source for brightening up your workplace with natural sunlight. However, when they go uncleaned, they can also become a bright exhibit for showcasing dust, smudges and other marks. Help keep your business looking attractive and professional by regularly cleaning your building’s windows, especially those in high traffic areas.
Establishing a lasting, first impression is no easy task. However, making sure your business is properly cleaned is an excellent first step. Not only will customers notice a professional, well-organized aesthetic to your workplace, but you can also save on long-term replacement costs.